Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Greetings from Hurghada!

This entry is about Day 11, Saturday 12/11

This morning we left our hotel in Luxor and headed towards Hurghada, which is a fairly new city on the Red Sea. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet and then left at 10am for a 4 hour drive across the Eastern Desert.

Driving through the Desert was an interesting experience; literally the only thing around was the road we were driving on. I took some naps hear and there, but the drive actually went by considerably quick. We luckily took a pit stop in the middle, which was legitimately in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, we are now currently located at the Continental Resort in Hurghada and it is again another beautiful hotel. My room is right on the first floor so I can walk right outside my patio to the pool and beach areas. Did I mention that the beach is the Red Sea?! How cool is that!

Tomorrow we have the option to go on 4-wheelers and camel rides, but I’ve done this in the past so I’m planning on relaxing on the beach for most of the day; definitely looking forward to that. The following day I am planning to go snorkeling with a bunch of people at some great coral reefs in the red sea. I’ve never gone snorkeling so I’m definitely excited, and hopefully my fear of fish doesn’t interfere! Internet is also expensive in this hotel so I will be posting when I can. Remember to leave me comments if you want any questions answered or want to know anything in particular :)

No comments:

Post a Comment