Monday, January 31, 2011

Egypt is truly a Treasure

As I sit here and contemplate the 3 weeks I spent in Egypt with 41 of my other classmates and Prof Ghaly, I can’t help but feel blessed that we were able to enjoy such an amazing country in times of hardships. With all the violent protests that are currently going on in the many cities that we were just in, all I can think about is that even a place like Egypt that is currently going through issues with the government, it is still a beautiful country full of rich history, incredible artifacts, and cites that will simply take your breathe away. This trip was truly unlike any experience I have ever had in my entire life, and probably ever will have. Much of my friends and family have expressed there relief to me that I wasn’t in Egypt today when so many Americans are trying to get out, but as I reflect I know that this isn’t forever for Egypt, and that these issues will eventually calm down and tourists such as myself will be able to enjoy this incredible land once again.

Although the world is looking at Egypt today as being a violent country, I only think about the kind people that were so hospitable, and all the security guards that looked after us, and hope that they are all safe. I admit that going to Egypt I was rather scared of being an outsider, but each day brought me joy that was unlike any other joy I’ve experienced. I truly thank everyone who allowed this trip to be as amazing as it was, and as safe as it was. Egypt will now always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment